Sunday, January 19, 2014

Happy New Year

Hello everyone! Happy New Year! This past month has passed exceedingly quickly in a veritable storm of med school interviews, school, work, clinicals, and diapers so it's time for another update.

I've been working at the hospital on a cardiac unit, and have been doing clinical hours for my Nurse Practitioner degree in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit. I have some races coming up, but to be honest running isn't a priority right now. When I get home from the hospital I want to be with Wil and Rafi and I jealously guard the small amount of sleep that I am able to carve out. I hope that when Rafi starts eating solid foods in a few months my schedule will loosen up a bit, and I'll be able to start running more because I do miss it and I do want a PR in 2014!

Wil is working at a middle school, taking two classes, and traveling for med school interviews. He's been really impressed by some of the places that he's seen, and we're both excited to see where we end up!

Rafael (the main person of interest around here) has become noisier and more active than ever. 
He's discovered his hands which means he can play with toys and stick everything that he comes in contact with into his mouth. Also, he loves to stand and bounce. He has a brand new jumparoo courtesy of Aunt Betty and he LOVES it.

Trying out some different toys at a friend's house.
So life is busy right now. There just aren't enough hours in the day. But it's an exciting time. We're both really happy with what we're doing and with what we're working to do next, and doing it all together is the absolute best part of all.

Family picture in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment